Context & objectives
Wiko is a French telephone manufacturer marketing its products through large chains and phone shops. The company decided to establish an e-commerce site for direct sales to the end customer, evolving from BtoB to BtoC.
- Support management during strategy implementation while adequately mapping all the potential consequences of creating an e-commerce site
- Reshape the organisation and operational processes transformed by the move into BtoC
- Prepare employees for the operational changes (Marketing, Sales, IT, etc.) caused by technological change
- Progressively roll out the site by coordinating service providers selected via a tender process managed by Netsystem
Solutions & methods
Netsystem helped the management of Wiko to define its expression of need relating to the development of its e-commerce site, including the operational and organisational impact. This work enabled us to refine the needs of Wiko and to arrive at the decision to establish multiple sites instead of a single site – one for each region in the world. This decision enables sales to be optimised by adapting communication and the technology to the customer in line with the realities of the local market.
Netsystem subsequently coordinated the e-commerce site development project based on a rigorous methodology and its cutting-edge IT expertise, enabling informed decisions to be made about partner selection and effectively controlling costs and deadlines.
- +10% sales in the first year
- An operational website within 9 months
Key success factors:
The close relationship with senior managers enables us to establish excellent internal communication relating to the project, thereby familiarising employees with the functional impact of the new strategy.
Testimony of Gaël Paillet (Partner Operations director)
The dual strategic and technological expertise of Netsystem was a significant driver behind the success of the Wiko project. We implemented a robust action plan covering all the organisational, technical and human dimensions of the company. This assignment is a fine example of the ore competencies of our consultancy professoin: providing companies with comprehensive day-to-day support while creating values as digital experts.