Context & objectives
AEFE is the public sector operator responsible for coordinating the network of establishments teaching French abroad, under the supervision of the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. The network is composed of nearly 500 accredited educational establishments in 137 countries, constituting a catalyst for spreading the influence of France throughout the world.
Faced with the issues of digital security, regulatory compliance and the proliferation of cyber attacks, AEFE decided to seek support to develop and manage a programme of security audits at its establishments. These services mainly cover on-site security audits and penetration testing:
- Definition of an audit programme and implementation of the related procurement strategy;
- Adoption of a uniform security approach at all sites;
- Sharing of best practices between establishments;
- Identification of improvement projects to enhance security;
- Support for AEFE in managing service providers and ensuring implementation of the related audit programme;
- Assistance with the implementation of a pragmatic approach of continuous improvement.
Solutions & methods
In order to best respond to AEFE’s broad range of demands, Netsystem first conducted an analysis of its security requirements. Our experts subsequently developed and managed a consultation process coordinating the analysis and selection of service providers’ offers.
The second stage consisted of Netsystem managing the deployment of the Cybersecurity Review audit programme including on-site interviews, site visits, gap analysis, identification of vulnerabilities and penetration testing. The resultant findings and recommendations were submitted to AEFE.
Key success factors:
- Full immersion in the client’s activity sector
- Comprehensive preparation
- Rigorous selection of service providers
Testimony of Vincent Ferrara (Senior Consultant)
The pleasure we experienced working with AEFE is unquestionably due to following the process through A to Z, from precise identification of needs right through to the deployment of a global programme, while relishing the challenge of juggling with all the different time zones. The outcome? Protocols and schedules adhered to, and a satisfied client calling on us for further assignments.